Popular Weight Loss Diets
With so many weight loss diets doing rounds we are quickly reviewing the trending most popular weight loss diets to help you figure out your best option..
- The Paleo Diet: Paleo emphasizes whole foods except the grains and dairy.May allow dairy products like butter and cheese in addition to tubers like sweet potatoes and potatoes.
Weight loss Benefits: Studies show the Paleo to lead to significant weight loss, reducing the risk factors for heart disease..
Turning Off Point: Paleo eliminates whole grains, legumes, and dairy supposed to be healthy..
- The Vegan Diet: Vegan diets exclude all animal products including milk.
Weight loss Benefits: A vegan diet may make you feel fuller for longer and is well linked to a reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, etc..
Turning Off Point: Total elimination of animal foods may lead to several deficiencies..
- Low Carb Diets: These diets immensely limit carb intake. Press the body to use fat for energy limiting the carb intake to 20–150 grams per day.
Weight loss Benefits: Ketogenic diets lead to more than twice the weight loss. Furthermore, they prevent several disease risk factors..
Turning Off Point:In extremely rare cases, very low-carb diets cause a serious condition called non-diabetic ketoacidosis..
- The Ultra Low-Fat Diet: An ultra-low-fat diet restricts the consumption of fat to under 10% of daily calories.
Weight loss Benefits: In an study, obese individuals lost an average of 140 pounds (63 kg) on an ultra-low-fat diet, improved several risk factors for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, slowed down progression of multiple sclerosis..
Turn Off Point: An ultra-low-fat diet limits intake of many healthy foods, lacks variety. While the fat restriction may cause long-term problems..
- The Atkins Diet: Atkins’ proponents insist that you can lose weight by eating as much protein and fat as you like, as long as you avoid carbs. It starts with an induction phase, during which you eat under 20 grams carbs per day for two weeks. The other phases involve slowly reintroducing healthy carbs back into the individual diet as goal weight is approached.
Weight loss Benefits: Atkins is especially successful in reducing belly fat and many risk factors for heart disease, blood sugar, insulin, and blood pressure, etc..
Turn Off Points: It has a lot to do with perseverance and portion control. Try it only if you understand that you must eat balanced meals. Exercise as well..
- Intermittent Fasting: Intermittent fasting lets your body cycle between fasting and eating.Its most popular forms are:The 16/8 method, The eat-stop-eat method, The 5:2 Diet, The Warrior Diet among others
Weight loss Benefits: It may increase the metabolic rate by 3.6–14%. Its other benefits include reduced markers of inflammation, cholesterol, blood triglycerides, and blood sugar, etc..
Turn Off Points: Some people should avoid fasting, including those sensitive to drops in blood sugar levels, pregnant, breastfeeding mothers, teenagers and malnourished, underweight, or nutrient deficient people..
Diet is an essential component in our overall health. Do consult a dietitian or your Doctor before going on a diet plan. As diet plans are not a one-size-fit-all approach, they depend on your body type and individual conditions. So, what worked for someone else may not work for you or worse still make you sick.