Category: First Aid
When the child is having frequent coughing, rapid breathing, call the emergency medical helpline and follow the first aid tips given below to stabilize the child.
- Check if the child has an individualised asthma action plan from his/her Doctor
- If yes, follow the directions for giving asthma medication
- Carry a copy of his/her asthma action plan along while going to ER
Seek medical help, if:
- difficulty breathing
- coughing bouts
- inability to talk, eat, or play
- lips or fingers turning blue
- using stomach muscles excessively to breathe (convulsing while breathing)
error: Content is protected !!