Category: First Aid
When you have severe increasing wheezing, cough, chest tightness or shortness of breath, perform the first aid tips given below to stabilize the person before calling the medical emergency help.
- Check if the woman has an individualised treatment plan for asthma attack in pregnancy from her doctor.
- Follow the plan, if yes. It may require you to contact her Doctor.
- Do not mistake drowsiness for improvement; it could mean asthma is worsening.
- Do not assume asthma is improving if you no longer hear her wheezing.
Seek medical help, if:
- Talking, walking, or thinking because of shortness of breath becomes difficult
- neck and ribs move in during breathing
- skin turns blue- or gray
- peak flow reading dips below 60% of personal best
- fetal kick count decreases
error: Content is protected !!