Category: First Aid
When a person’s body temperature goes higher than the normal body temperature with wave of chills, in this case first aid tips given below should be given to normalise the body temperature.
- Temperature can be taken orally or under the armpit.
- Give an over-the-counter medicine.
- Bathing or sponging in lukewarm water may bring the temperature down. Do not use cold water or alcohol.
- Have the person wear light clothing and use a light cover or sheet overdressing can make body temperature go up. If the person gets chills, use an extra blanket until they go away.
- Have the person drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
Seek medical help,if:
- A fever combined with a stiff neck or headache
- Temperature above 101 F
- Fever with sudden onset of rash
error: Content is protected !!