Category: First Aid
Food poisoning is caused by contaminated food, if a person is having nausea, vomiting, fever, watery diarrhea and abdominal cramps first aid tips given below should be performed while taking the person to the hospital.
- Avoid solid foods until vomiting stops. Later have light, bland foods for a while such as crackers, bananas, rice, or bread
- Sipping liquids mostly helps avoiding vomiting
- Avoid fried, greasy, spicy, or too sweet foods
- Don’t self medicate. Let your Doctor decide
- Drink clear fluids, in small sips while gradually increasing intake
- If the bouts of vomiting and diarrhoea last more than 24 hours, drink an oral rehydration solution (ORS)
Seek medical help, if:
- seems food poisoning
- getting severely dehydrated.
error: Content is protected !!