Category: First Aid
When a person is having a headache in one particular area of head due to sensitivity to light or sound. Kindly give first aid tips given below to stabilize the person. If headache is unbearable and stays for longer time then consult a doctor.
- Have the person rest in a cool, dark room.
- Apply a cool compress or ice pack to the painful area.
- Massage the scalp.
- Take painkillers. Discuss with a doctor which medications would be best if the person has liver or kidney disease or heart failure.
Seek medical help, if:
- Headache persists or recurs.
- Headache with stiff neck, fever, vomiting, or numbness or weakness in limbs or if the person has trouble speaking.
error: Content is protected !!