Category: First Aid
When a person is bitten by a venomous snake then it should be treated as a medical emergency. First aid should be given to stop the spread of poison to other parts of the body.
- Have the person lie down with wound below the heart.
- Keep the person calm and at rest, remaining as still as possible to keep the venom from spreading.
- Cover the wound with loose, sterile bandage.
- Remove any jewelry from the area that was bitten.
- Remove shoes if the leg or foot was bitten.
Seek medical help, if:
- There is any chance that the snake is venomous
- The person has difficulty breathing
- There is loss of consciousness
error: Content is protected !!