Category: First Aid
When a person is having a clot in the arteries it leads to stroke. Signs of stroke include trouble walking, speaking and understanding, as well as paralysis or numbness of the face, arm or leg. It is a medical emergency kindly call the emergency helpline number, in the meanwhile first aid tips should be given to stabilize the person.
- Depending on the type of stroke, there is a medicine that may reduce long-term effects if given within four and a half hours of the first symptoms. The sooner is better.
- If the person is diabetic, check the blood glucose (sugar) level. Treat low glucose with a glucose tablet, glass of orange juice or other sugary drinks or food, or glucagon injection (if the person is not able to swallow).
Seek medical help, if:
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arms, or legs, especially on just one side of the body
- Slurred or unusual speech
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness, or balance problems
- Sudden confusion
- Severe headache
error: Content is protected !!